Saturday, November 5, 2016

Be still...

I was laying down trying to nap yesterday. I'm sleeping most nights and even sleeping in most days -yet I'm still so tired. This is a bummer, as it's nice when I feel more energized and ready to handle the day. :) I miss my coffee. ;) Anyways, I thought of how babies sleep more when they have growth spurts and I had this thought. Maybe I'm so tired and sleeping more because my body is HEALING!! Yes, wouldn't that be WONDERFUL?! Then I thought of how I had a verse on a post-it note by my bed about rest!

"The LORD will fight for you while you keep still..." Exodus 14:14.

And another great verse that probably should be on my night stand,

"Be still and know that I am God..." Psalm 46:10.

Resting doesn't always come so natural to me. It's something I'm learning. I love the idea of God fighting for me while I rest, though!!! I love the idea of me healing while I sleep!!! So for now, that's what I'm gonna hold on to. :) While I'm resting, God is fighting for me and my body is healing!! In what area do you need to let go today and let God step in and fight for you, while you rest in Him?


No comments:

Post a Comment