Sunday, October 30, 2016

In the valley...God meets us!

I sat outside today, enjoying the fresh air, feeling the wind blow, and listening to the birds singing and my kids playing. My daughter so sweetly set up my chair for me outside, so that I could get some extra vitamin D. She also brought me some cut up peaches to enjoy, as I soaked up the warmth of the sun. I sat there and enjoyed the moment, reflecting on the fact that I had just finished spending almost an hour doing some needed exercises and now I was just sitting back, enjoying the sun and the noises of nature. My life had been so busy pre-MS, plus I'm a do-er. Taking the time to exercise and sit and soak in the sun was not something that would happen very often - if at all! :) While I'm not happy to have MS, I appreciate the push, the force really, that makes me at least try to relax about things, take care of myself, and SLOW down. Of course, this is only possible because God has so graciously provided for our family. My husband can and IS willing to help me. My children, our extended family, and our friends have so graciously met us at our place of need and have gone above and beyond!!! We are SO blessed. I am SO blessed. In the midst of a terrible illness, in the valley, once again, God has met us here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment